Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Vinicius's Autobiography

I was born on July 30, 1978 in a city named Lorena. That is a small city located in the country of Brazil, in the state of Sao Paulo.

When I was 5 years old, I began to study in the same school where my mother worked as a teacher. At that time, my favorite subject in the school was art. Although my work wasn’t appreciated by anybody, I liked to create something different and I wanted to be a sculptor when I grew up.
At 12 years old, I changed my mind about to be a sculptor when I got my first science class. I was amazed to learn about this new and interesting world. I could find many answers for my own questions by the study of science. Those classes were helpful to me to decide my future career.

When I was 20 years old, I was enrolled in one of the best colleges in Brazil. The course that I chose was Chemical Engineering. I spent 7 years of my life studying in this college to get my bachelor’s degree. During the second year of this course, I met Daliana, my wife.

After 8 years of dating, we decided to get married. The problem was: she was living in the United States and I was living in Brazil. The solution that we found was Daliana was to get a vacation from her job for a month. She flew to Brazil, and we got married in December, 2006. We had a small civil ceremony in my parent’s house. My parents have a small chapel and we decided to get married there. We invited our families and some close friends for the ceremony.

After some weeks I moved to the United States, where my wife has been living for 6 years, and I have been here for just a year and half. Here, I’m enrolled in ESOL and a GED classes, trying to improve my knowledge and proficiency in English.

My wish is begin my graduate study as soon as possible. I applied for some colleges and I am waiting for the feedback.

4 comments:

Priscila Rechetzki said...

That is so great!I loved your autobiographical!Very exciting!xoxo

Nestor Febres Blog said...

Hey Vinicius,how are you man?I really apreciate your comment,thanks buddy.Take care,have a nice day.

stormbotts said...

Vinicius:
You have excelled here at ACDC. I know that you will do well at VCU as you pursue your graduate studies. It
has been great having you in the program. I hope that you will always remember your experience with us.
Your autobiographical essay is very interesting. Good job!

venera said...

Hey dude how's going your study.Are you enjoyed with your school.The god bless you . Good luck in future.We are all your friends from AC DC we hope you will rich you destination.BUY!